We are training consultants who have helped Fortune 500 companies, government organizations, and individuals improve communication and people skills for 30 years. Our expertise includes:
All training and consulting work is performed by Dr. Peter Reimold and Cheryl Reimold. Cheryl and Peter have taught communication skills to engineers, scientists, and business people for more than 30 years. They are frequent conference speakers on communication topics and have written more than 200 articles on communication and several books, some of which which have been translated into French and German. Their column, "The Language of Business," has appeared since 1980 and won numerous awards. Their seminars consistently receive top ratings.
Cheryl holds a B.A. in theatre arts from Middlebury College and M.A. and M.Phil. degrees in comparative literature from Columbia University. Prior to her consulting career, she has been a university teacher, magazine editor, advertising writer, and public relations account executive.
Cheryl is fluent in Italian, French, Spanish, and German, and has published translations from the Italian.( Click here for details about Cheryl's translation of
Peter holds a Ph.D. in linguistics from Columbia University and has taught at the university level both in the U.S. and in Europe. He is a specialist in speech, psychology of language, English As a Second Language, and communication theory and has worked as a freelance writer and senior editor for book publishers.
Leave a message for Cheryl Reimold or Peter Reimold
Our clients include International Paper, NYNEX/Bell Atlantic, AT&T, 3M, Beck Engineering, Westvaco Corp., Public Works Canada, Union Camp, Scott Paper, Champion International, Chemical Bank, Merrill Lynch, Pitney Bowes, The Macmillan Company, Book-of-the-Month Club, Meredith Corporation, Random House, McGraw-Hill, Viking/Penguin, American Management Association, Great Northern Paper Co., Guideposts, Fraser, Inc., the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, SAPPI, EEC International, Reemay Inc., Technical Association of the Pulp & Paper Industry (TAPPI), and other major corporations and associations.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS AND MANAGERS SAY ABOUT OUR COURSES
This is the right approach to communication courses. These courses work.
- Ed Champagne, Manager - Corporate Education, International Paper
All of the people who are participating in the program are very enthusiastic about the experience.
- E. P.C., Union Camp
I thought you might enjoy a copy of the feedback on your April class. As you can see, everyone thought the content was beneficial; and many participants praised your instruction as well. Thank you so much for continuing to exceed our expectations with this course. My internal customers appreciate it, and I appreciate it.
- J. R.V., Manager, Marketing Training Programs, Westvaco
This course is exceptional.... Participants and their managers are vocal in their praise of the results achieved.... I know of no other course used within Technology that has been as well received.
- Wilfred Coté, Training Director, International Paper
You are great! Very valuable to spend one-on-one time - private, personal, sets up longer-term interaction. You have a wonderful knack of becoming "one of us" so quickly - builds trust, approachability, lack of judgment… The structure you offer (RAMP) empowers people to write. I loved analyzing the marvelous writing examples! … Thanks, especially for coaching me on becoming a more effective editor.
- D. B., SAPPI
Congratulations! You have been designated as one of TAPPI's "Finest Faculty" for fiscal year 1999. As an instructor at the PIMA/TAPPI Effective Communication Skills for Engineers Short Course, you earned superb participant ratings on both your presentation and content. Your participation put you in the top 25 percent of 282 instructors for TAPPI short courses in 1999. That is an outstanding achievement! ... So that you can have the recognition you deserve, we will be paying tribute to our "Finest Faculty" in an article that will appear in the December issue of TAPPI JOURNAL.
- Dick Barker, President/Wayne Gross, Executive Director, TAPPI
I have noticed a dramatic improvement in the writing skills of both X and Y. Their reports have become more focused and targeted to the reader's needs.... I am quite pleasantly amazed by the benefits that they both have received from this course....
- M. H., Manager, International Paper
I've been to many seminars over the past few years. This was one of the best I've attended!
- M.A., TAPPI
A gratifying improvement, especially in writing a first draft quickly. I'm getting a quicker start by free-writing and doing the needs analysis. I'm more self-critical about wordiness and all aspects of editing…I feel that the real-life practice with personalized feedback and the ongoing nature of the course are giving me opportunity to identify weaknesses and improve them. This has already produced more change in my writing than what I got in the past from a 1-day course where I heard a lot of "you shoulds" but never put them into practice.
- M. N., Champion International
"I was especially pleased with the detailed guidance I received on some actual presentations I had to give to top management. I learned to tie everything to an audience-appropriate main message and to work without a script. I got many compliments on the presentations."
- D.R., International Paper
Course was great fun! I came rather reluctantly. However, it turned out to be a super couple of days. I really liked the content. It made good sense to me, was logical, and flowed well. Instructor comfortable - knowledgeable - well spoken - warm - made course a pleasure!
- T. P., Bell Atlantic
From anonymous participant reviews:
- Cheryl & Peter are delightful, informative & entertaining. They made the course very interesting.
- This is the first training class I have taken where I can truly say I thoroughly enjoyed everything.
- This was wonderful, useful information that I will use on a daily basis. This class has helped me to find ways to communicate better verbally and achieved my goal of improving my preparation skills. I will HIGHLY recommend the class to others!
- Great use of humor. Instructors kept the course on track despite a talkative group.
- Instructors made you feel your success was the most important thing.
- Had fun. Kept focused.
- Great information and enthusiasm.
- Material was well presented and career-related.
- This course was much more helpful than I expected. Also, I actually had fun, to go with the learning. Thank you very much.
- Absolutely outstanding! Both of you made your audience feel very comfortable and that they have gained two new friends.
- The best course I have ever attended. This will help in my personal as well as business life.
Of all the courses we have had, these courses are the only ones that really last.
- K.H., Chief Scientist, International Paper
Thank you for today's (and tomorrow's) contributions! You have helped us break down complex concerns into manageable parts which each of us can handle. Each of us approaches writing with a sense of dread, and you have shown us how easy it is to have fun and be successful. The five structures you've provided are excellent stimulants to re-energize our creative writing.
- L. H., SAPPI
The course was very effective. I believe there are several reasons for this: (1) the content is excellent; (2) the follow-up sessions reinforce the content and help you not to fall back into old habits; (3) the weekly feedback makes it a continuing learning process at a one-on-one personal level; and (4) this overall approach instills confidence.
- J. S., International Paper
Writing with a group was fun. I enjoyed the group project.
- J. A., Federation Employment & Guidance Services
I learned a great deal. My style has improved, and I'm more aware of my audience and my purpose when I write.... Your suggestions on my real work prompted improvement.
- G.S., International Paper
The course was excellent, well presented, and comprehensive....There is enough flexibility to adapt to any individual needs.
- L. Z., NYNEX
The Communication Skills for Professionals training course was the best training I have received during my employment with International Paper. The instructors did a very good job in presenting a great deal of information in a short amount of time.
- R. C., International Paper
This workshop, like our first meting, has been very helpful. It directly addresses some problems we, as a group, have struggled with and gives us a very valuable tool to use… Great stuff!
- A.H., SAPPI
The seminar gave me numerous outlines of models for future reference. The input from both of you regarding writing style was very helpful. It was hard to write all day but very beneficial.
- M. E. B., Westvaco Corp.
The course was very effective -- helped me focus on the areas in which I have the greatest problem. The needs analysis worked especially well -- both for my own writing and for editing other people's writing.
- C. D., Fraser Inc.
This workshop has helped me to be able to start writing anything. I enjoyed the writing exercises because they reinforced the fact that we should write as we talk.
- C. R., S. D. Warren
Outstanding use of articles to show different ways to develop my thoughts. The examples are both fun to read and interpret, as well as showing how the writers developed their thinking… Good use of our time in helping B. develop his article… These types of seminars are making writing more fun rather than a task.
- J.D., SAPPI
Thanks for your upbeat style! Made the day go fast.
- P. D., Westvaco Corp.
I like the style change you propose, and I liked your use of actual examples from our mill.
- B. M., S.D. Warren Co.
Good, sound, usable techniques. I liked the methodological approach to speech writing.
- R. B., E.F. Houghton
I especially liked the RAMP method - a thought I have not seen before. It proved very useful.
- J. E., Union Camp
Very effective. The key points you stressed will help enormously in an upcoming important presentation!
- E. B. A., E.I. DuPont
A very effective demonstration of "practice what you preach! The examples given are all very useful, as is the workbook.
-P. D., YWC, Inc.
This course has already substantially improved my presentations. It now takes less time and effort to prepare much better presentations. The course has also helped me to feel more relaxed and confident during the presentation.
- G. B., NYNEX
Very effective. You prove that it is possible to keep an audience interested under the worst conditions (after a good meal, at the end of the evening, after a day of presentations).
- M. D., MA-COM
I felt the course has improved my presentation skills tremendously. The most important part ... is the videotape and review. It is an excellent tool.
- C.S., NYNEX
Of all the courses I've ever taken...this has been the most valuable.
- H.S., International Paper
I am very impressed with this course. The techniques we learned are excellent and very useful to us … Best of all, it was fun and the instructor was excellent.
- J. N., Bell Atlantic
"The video feedback was excellent. I was horrified to see how boring I was. My presentation style has become a lot more energetic. Also, the rigid organizational structure has been helpful in that it led to clearer, more interesting presentations.@
- L.M., International Paper
"Thanks for a great course. It gave me what I wanted, namely (1) identification of what to say and recognition of my audience, (2) how to say it..., (3) lots of practice, (4) tuning of delivery skills.... Again, a good course and a great confidence builder."
- J. R., Process Technology, International Paper
From anonymous Sales Writing course evaluations, Westvaco:
- Simply delightful. Thank you!
- I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day learning about business writing. In past college classes I learned a very dry and boring technique which made me dread writing. Now, with this new method, I am EXCITED about writing! I can think of at least 10 letters I want to write. Your delivery was excellent. Writing seems to be something everyone needs, but your enthusiasm was passed on to us. I look forward to using this new style, although I realize it will take effort to adopt. I appreciate your time and concern. You undoubtedly have positively impacted my writing. I already feel like a more confident writer. Thank you.
- I know I benefited from your taking time with me individually to discuss my writing examples. You did a great job linking this to what we've been taught for 4 weeks - Focus on the Customer (READER)…
- This class met all of my expectations. I learned some new and valuable ways to improve my writing. The instructor was very impressive.
- Actually, this session exceeded my expectations. I began the day thinking that my writing was not too bad. It did not turn out to be bad. I simply learned a lot that I did not know. I strongly suggest managers take this course to learn new ways of writing.
- The fact that you made it Westvaco specific was especially helpful. I believe we will all use our samples in the future.
- … you did a fantastic job going through all the necessary steps to make writing an enjoyable task rather than a frustrating one. The materials covered will be a great addition to my continued growth and expertise in business writing. Thank you!
Leave a message for Cheryl Reimold or Peter Reimold